Mint Green Dress RM35, H&M Varsity Jacket RM80, Topshop Gold Cuff RM23, Primark Gold Heels RM30, Daisy Diamond Earrings RM15. Total = RM195 (including postage!), all from FRIENDLY FASHION. Hijab & shades is my own ^_^.
When I was contacted by 1 half of the amazing power behind Friendly Fashion, Nadzirah to collaborate & style an outfit for a budget of RM200 from the stuffs at Friendly Fashion I quickly said yes and take it upon myself as a challenge. Personally I am such a sucker for fashion under a small budget because I myself am not born with a silver spoon in my mouth therefore working hard to get things I want is the only way to go, that or resort to DIY and buying second hand items. While other people throw away and sell their trash, I would go and hunt these items & turn them into treasures. Truth be told, I actually spent my first salary as an engineer in Sony four years ago on hoarding second hand items! Alas, it really has been awhile since I last bought vintage or second hand items for my closet. Once I started back again, I almost couldn't stop! This is all your fault Nadzirah, haha!
I was going for the SPORTS LUXE trend going on around the fashion world the past few seasons. And thankfully I haven't own any varsity jacket yet so it was high time to add one to my closet. There are quite a few of varsity jacket in FF, I even bargained the highest price down and got a free postage from the buyer ;) And that gold Topshop cuff was indeed a lucky score, priced only at RM23 I grabbed it as soon as I saw it! As for the mint green dress, it's indeed color of the season! You've seen me rocking mint and a variation of greens lately ♥ Thank God the seller contacted me back because previous buyer went m.i.a, at only RM35, who can resist?!
Since the varsity jacket was black & white, I thought I should add a bit of monochrome bling as well to bring up the luxe point. Hence the Daisy Diamond earrings at RM15.
Gold glitter pumps, even if it's a size bigger I still bought it coz it's whimsical gold and has the perfect ladylike design (reminds me so much of my favorite fashion blogger, Nicole GaryPepperVintage's thrifted gold pumps). Alhamdulillah I had no problems walking in it, I mean the pumps didn't fall off and hit somebody when I walked despite being a size bigger ;)
Love my gold finds! See, even if it's someone else's trash it definitely can be your treasure too. Don't everything I bought looks very much brand new?
Here's how you can win the outfit of you dreams too:
- You must create a creative collage of your dream outfit worth RM200 (items must be from FRIENDLY FASHION) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Collages will be posted on Friendlyfashion.my FB page daily and Ami Schaheera FB page name will be tagged as the stylish guru who will decide on winners.
- Contest submission ends 31st May 2012.
- One winner will be chosen and it will be announced in the first week of June.
- Buying of items will begin straight after winner is announced.
Contest terms and conditions:
- Contestant must be a member of FRIENDLYFASHION.MY. Just log in using facebook and you're good to go!
- Items in collage must be from FRIENDLYFASHION and be submitted to email@example.com
- Postage delivery is included in RM200.
- The decisions made by Ami Schaheera and FRIENDLYFASHION Crew is final.
- Items that are no longer available in the dream outfit will not be held responsible by FRIENDLYFASHION.
- Items that are no longer available in the dream outfit may be replaced by another item as long as it does not exceed the budget of RM200.
- FRIENDLYFASHION reserves the right to make all final decisions regarding the contest.
Check out FRIENDLY FASHION today and start collaging! Also like & follow them here:
Learn more about the SPORTS LUXE trend.