1 ½ tablespoon of chilli sauce
1 ½ tablespoon of oyster sauce
1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
10 pieces of shrimp, peeled & de-veined
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 inch of ginger, minced
1 medium onion, ringed
3 dried chilli
½ red bell pepper, chopped
½ green bell pepper, chopped
1 spring onion, chopped for garnish
1. Mix chilli sauce, oyster sauce and vinegar in a bowl and set aside. But I used apple vinegar because it's the only vinegar I have at home.
2. Heat the pan with cooking oil, add garlic and ginger, cook until light brown. Add onion, bell peppers, dried chilli (and roasted cashews if you have any). Cook until onion turns translucent.
3. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the sauce mixture, season with salt & pepper and stir to combine.
5. Cook until shrimps are pink and cooked through, garnish with spring onion and serve with rice.
This is what I made the other day for lunch, as usual husband is at work so that means I have to eat alone at home. I love experimenting with cooking (a recent hobby I picked up thanks to mother-in-law) so I looked out on the internet for shrimp recipes, luckily this seem easy enough and I had all the ingredients at home. Just thinking about it is making me all hungry, especially now that it's lunch hour! Anyways this dish can serve for one, just add more ingredients for more servings.
I made Kung Pao Chicken for Naz (for dinner on the same day) using leftover Satay Kajang from the day before, and he loved it! You know what they say, one way to a guy's heart is through his stomach ;)
So, what's cookin' in your kitchen today? I'm feeling noodles for lunch, but hmm I'm not sure yet. Do share your favorite cooking website or even recipes! Would love to try ;)